Real Plaintiff Cases
Burbidge Mitchell & Gross has recovered over $85 million for clients in their last ten jury trials. BMG is a leading firm in wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury cases. The firm obtains great results by being selective in the cases it accepts and by vigorously pursuing those cases. Before the firm represents a client, BMG carefully vets out the case including consultations with experts when necessary. It is only after the firm determines that the case is meritorious that BMG will accept the case. Once the firm undertakes representation, BMG prepares the case for trial – not a quick (and usually under-priced) settlement. Because BMG prepares its cases for trial, the settlements (which usually happens) are far greater value for the firm’s clients.
Wrongful Death and Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Brain Injury: Firm recovered $3 million for client.
- Helicopter Crash: Firm’s clients received $12.5 million in settlement for wrongful death in a helicopter crash.
- Food Poisoning: Firm’s client received $7.5 million in settlement for injuries received from contaminated produce.
- Food Poisoning: Firm’s clients received over $4 million in settlement for injuries received from contaminated produce.
- Brain Injury: Firm obtained $7 million for a baby who suffered a brain injury.
- Semi-truck collision: Settlement before trial was $4.25 million.
- Motorcycle/truck collision: Recovery for single victim injury was $1.2 million.
Complex Commercial Litigation
- Handy v. Siegfried & Jensen: $6 million for former law partner.
- RV-Pizza Investors v. Taggart: Jury award of $1.2 million in a franchise contract dispute involving breach of contract, securities fraud and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Glen Jensen v. Ash Capital, LLC: Award of $200,000 and $450,000 attorney’s fees award.
- Utah Medical v. Tyco: Firm recovered $27 million for client.
- Wrongful Foreclosure: Firm’s clients received over $3 million in connection with a real estate dispute.
- McGillis Investment Company v. Thurston: Firm’s client recovered $1.25 million after jury verdict for breach of fiduciary duty.
- Trade secret embezzlement case: Awarded $20+ million.
- Corporate Breach of Contract: Settlement of $1 million.
- Basic Research, LLC v. Federal Trade Commission: Read More
Class Action Lawsuits
- September 11, 2001 World Trade Center attack case: The firm participated with a consortium of national firms. The result was a $7 billion judgment against the Republic of Iran.