Class Action Lawsuits
Burbidge Mitchell & Gross has handled numerous class action and mass tort lawsuits where many individuals or organizations with similar injuries pursue claims against a common defendant or defendants. Class action suits may arise over product defects, consumer fraud, securities violations, or negligence among other issues. Because class action cases can be extraordinarily complex and often involve higher sophisticated defendents, outstanding legal representation is imperative to achieve justice.
Our cases include:
- Participation in the Castano Consortium of Tobacco Attorneys, and was part of the pioneering effort in tobacco litigation.
- Gloria Scott, et al. v. American Tobacco Co., et al., filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- Gray Davis & James Ellis, et al, v. R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co., et al., filed in the Superior Court of the State of California for the County of San Diego.
- Class Action filed for citizens of the State of Utah, entitled Caroll Jackson, et al., v. Phillip Morris Incorporated, et al., filed in the United States District Court for the District of Utah, Central Division
- Part of the consortium of firms representing the victims of the World Trade Center terrorist attacks.
If you believe you may have a basis to bring a class action suit, contact the attorneys at BURBIDGE MITCHELL & GROSS.